Teaching and education

Teaching in schools and higher education, and TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language)

How to become a teacher in the UK. Information on the different entry routes for Scotland, England, Northern Ireland and Wales. Getting experience before you apply, and writing your personal statement.

Academic jobs include roles such as lecturer, university teacher, postdoctoral research fellow, assistant professor, teaching fellow, and research associate

If you'd like to use your teaching qualification outside the mainstream educational settings, you'll find ideas here. For some of these roles a teaching qualification is not essential.

Read on to find information about TEFL and TESOL, including what they are, how to gain work experience and how to find a job